Check here for events that are happening in and around our community. Providing our SJS community with this information is intended as a public service and SJS is not recommending or supporting events listed here in any way. Rather, we are simply informing you all of community events that we become aware of. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks, Jennifer
1. Parenting Workshop
2. 5K Races in Houston Texas
3. Do you have a daughter between the ages of 13 and 18 or know someone who could benefit from an intentional community of girls seeking purpose, passion and wholehearted living? If so, click HERE
for more information about groups, workshops, and other services at Houston Therapy for Girls.
4. Teen Life: The Leading Source for College Preparation - Summer Programs, Gap Year Programs, Community Service and more
5. Girls and Sex talk by author Peggy Orenstein Rice University
6. Mindfulness for Young Adults classes at Dawn Mountain, teachers Simone Woodage and Karen Starz
, It's six Sunday afternoons from2:00 to 3:30pm, October 16 - November 20, at Dawn Mountain, conveniently located south of the Medical Center just off Fannin and Naomi. (Easy access by Metro Rail!) We're charging $180/150/120 for the course, (dynamic pricing: pick your level), but no one is ever turned away from Dawn Mountain programs for financial reasons, and a second child from the same family is only $30!