Important Information to Help You Get Started
- Please use the same login and password information you used during the online application process. In the case of parents living in separate households, both parents must provide electronic signatures on the enrollment contract by Wednesday, April 5
Important Dates for Newly-Accepted Lower School Families:
- Tuesday, March 28, 8:45-9:45 a.m. - Lower School Welcome Coffee in the VST lobby. Click here ot view the invitation.
- Sunday, May 21, 4:00-5:00 p.m. - Kindergarten and Class 1 New & Host Family Social on the Lower School Playground.
- Tuesday, May 30, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. - Used Uniform Sale in Q205A.
- Thursday, June 8, 12:00-1:15 p.m. - Brand New Parent Orientation (parents new to Lower School) in Stasney Hall (VST Lobby), light lunch served.
- Health information and forms will be available in the beginning of April. You will receive notification when they become available. All forms for new students will be due by May 15.
- Wednesday, August 23 - Opening Day (Kindergarten Noon Dismissal, 1-5 Dismissal at 3:15)
- Friday, August 25, 8:30-10:00 a.m. - Back to School Coffee in the Ligums Practice Facility
- Wednesday, August 23-Friday, August 25 - Noon Dismissal for Kindergarten Students
- Thursday, September 7, 6:30 p.m. - Lower School Parents' Night
Lower School Hours
As a reminder, St. John's does not provide care after 3:45 p.m. Students may attend a supervised study hall in the cafeteria after school but must be picked up by 3:45 p.m. St. Luke’s United Methodist Church located across the street from Lower School offers an after-school care program. Their van picks up St. John’s Lower School students in the Lower School carpool lane and transports them to the church facilities. Early registration opens to members of the St. John's School community on March 27
. If interested in after-school care, we urge you to contact St. Luke's as soon as possible, as classes typically fill within the first few days of open enrollment. Please call 713-402-5075 or visit the website
for more information.Private Instrument Lessons
For enrolled students, St. John's offers private on-site instruction in piano, guitar, flute, violin, and cello before and after the school day. If you would like to learn more or register for private guitar, flute, violin, or cello lessons, please click here
. For private piano lessons, please click here
The St. John's uniform can be purchased at any Sue Mills location. For more information on Sue Mills uniforms, click here
. To view the Lower School uniform regulations, click here
. Please note that there will be used uniform sales on Tuesday, May 30, in Q205A from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and in August (details to follow).Directory and Online Access
Access to our online community will provide you with additional information and insight on the school calendar, programs, and resources, including an online directory with the most up-to-date contact information for members of the St. John’s community. Please enter the username and password that you used to submit an application or sign the contract. If you have problems, please click on the "Having Trouble Logging In?" link on the login page. Each parent has his/her own profile and login information. Login information will not change for current parents and Alumni who already have an account with St. John’s. We encourage you to get acquainted with the website. A tutorial is available by clicking on Account > Getting Started. In addition, you can access a handout on SJS website general information by clicking here
. If you have any questions, please contact Chief Information Officer Jeff Ritter at email@example.com
This summer, you will receive a printed "Family Directory" in the mail with address, email, and phone information for the SJS Community.
Classes in Lower School begin at 8:15 a.m. and end at 3:15 p.m. Students may be dropped off as early as 7:30 a.m. and enter classrooms as early as 8:00 a.m. Students must be picked up by 3:45 p.m. Detailed information about pick-up/drop-off procedures will be explained during the orientation sessions.Carpool Information
St. John's does not provide bus transportation to and from school. All families must complete a Carpool form
by Friday, June 16
The School asks that parents place a small, circular SJS decal on the lower, passenger side of their car front windshield. Decals are available at the Lower School reception desk. When visiting campus, parents are required to wear a parent identification badge provided by the School. Please pick up your badge at the Back to School Coffee on August 25. If you are unable to attend Back to School Coffee, badges can be made in division offices.
We have implemented the Raptorware Visitor Management System to help track all campus visitors, including parents, vendors, and contractors. When school visitors check in, we will ask for a valid, government-issued form of identification (such as a driver’s license or passport) that will be scanned by the system. The IDs will be matched against the 50 states’ public sex offender databases, as well as data entered by the School on custody issues and restraining orders. The system will alert us to any person who might jeopardize the safety of the campus. This is not a comprehensive criminal background search—no other criminal information (traffic tickets, warrants, misdemeanors, or felonies) can be searched. Visitors to St. John's will be directed to park in the Taub Campus Parking Lot at the southwest corner of Buffalo Speedway and Westheimer. Additional parking is also available in the garage on the Taub Campus.
In August, at the New Parent and Student Orientation, parents should bring a government-issued ID such as a driver's license or passport that will be scanned by the system. You will also have an opportunity to do this at the Back to School Coffee on August 25.