Important Information to Help You Get Started
Online Enrollment -
Contracts are due April 6
. Please use the same login and password information you used during the online application. In the case of parents living in separate households, both parents must provide electronic signatures on the enrollment contract. Important Dates for 2016-2017
Schedule and Course Registration
- Health information and forms will be available during the week of April 18th. You will receive notification when they become available. All forms for new students will be due by May 1st.
- May 3, 5:00-6:30 p.m. - New Student/Family Picnic - Flores Hall/Great Lawn
- May 6, 7:30-9:00 a.m. - Used Uniform Sale - Q205A
- Thursday, May 5, 3:30-5:00 p.m. or Saturday, May 7, 9:00-10:30 a.m. - Algebra Assessment Exam - Chao Family Assembly Room - Campus Center
- Dance Placement Class for US Caprice Ensemble:
Friday, May 6 (1st session 3:00-4:30 p.m.) VST 204
Saturday, May 7 (2nd session 9:00-10:30 a.m.) VST 204
Saturday, May 7 (3rd session 10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.) VST 204
- Friday, May 6 (4:30-6:00pm) - Terpsichore Audition - VST 204
- Schedule a Course Selection Meeting with Academic Dean Judy Edwards by May 13
- Tuesday, May 31, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. - Used Uniform Sale - Q205A
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, August 9, 10, 11 - Placement auditions for the US Choir Program in VST 110. Students will receive their assigned audition date/time in early August via e-mail.
- Thursday - Sunday, August 18 - 21 - Class 9 Orientation/Retreat - Camp Lonehollow
- Sunday, August 21, 2:00 pm - Class 9 Parent Orientation - The Lowe Theater
- Monday, August 22, 9:00 am - 12:00 p.m. - New Student Orientation (Classes 10, 11 & 12) - US Admin. Conference Room
- Tuesday, August 23 - Opening Day
- Tuesday, August 23, 7:45-9:15 a.m., Parents' Guild Opening Day Coffee - SSAC-1 (Gym)
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, August 9-10-11, 1:00-5:00 p.m., Upper School Choir Auditions - VST Room 110
- Thursday, September 1 - Upper School Parents' Night
Once you have officially enrolled by submitting your contract, please contact Becky Leakey (email@example.com
), who will assist you in scheduling your course selection meeting. This meeting is for both parents and students and should occur no later than May 13
The Algebra Assessment Exam is for newly-admitted 9th grade students. It will be held on two days: Thursday, May 5, 3:30-5:00 p.m., or Saturday, May 7, 9-10:30 a.m., in the Chao Assembly Room in the Campus Center. Students who are planning on testing for honors math should plan to stay approximately 30 minutes longer for the exam (total of 2 hours). Parents must email Martha Childress (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, April 25, with the date of their choice to take the exam.
From June through July, you will have the opportunity to order books and course materials through the SJS website.
The World Language Placement Exam will be held on Saturday, April 30, from 9:00 - 11:30 a.m. in the Upper School Library. Please bring a #2 pencil. You may access the study guides in the "Downloads" section to the right. Please email Aline Means (email@example.com) with any questions.
If a class does not require course materials, it will not be listed. Student schedules will be released via the SJS website in early August.
Private Instrument Lessons
For enrolled students, St. John's offers private on-site instruction in piano, guitar, flute, violin, and cello. If you would like to learn more or register for private guitar, flute, violin, and cello lessons, please click here
or for private piano lessons, please click here
.US Choir Placement Auditions
Placement auditions for the US Choir Program will be held on August 9, 10, 11 in VST 110. Students will receive their assigned audition date/time in early August via e-mail. These audition assignments will also be posted on the SJS webpage. If you are interested in joining the choir, please contact Scott Bonasso at firstname.lastname@example.org
The School asks that parents place a small, circular SJS decal on the lower, passenger side of their car front windshield. Decals are available at the reception areas and parents' desks. We have fully implemented the Raptorware Visitor Management System to help track all campus visitors, including parents, vendors, and contractors. When school visitors check in, we will ask for a valid, government-issued form of identification (such as a driver’s license or passport) that will be scanned by the system. The IDs will be matched against the 50 states’ public sex offender databases, as well as data entered by the School on custody issues and restraining orders. The system will alert us to any person who might jeopardize the safety of the campus. This is not a comprehensive criminal background search—no other criminal information (traffic tickets, warrants, misdemeanors, or felonies) can be searched. In August, at the New Parent and Student Orientation, parents should bring a government-issued ID such as a driver's license or passport that will be scanned by the system. You will also have an opportunity to do this at the Opening Day Coffee on August 23.
The St. John's uniform can be purchased at any Sue Mills location. For more information on Sue Mills uniforms, click here
. To view the uniform regulations, click here
. Please note that there will be used uniform sales on Tuesday, May 31, in Q205A from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and in August (details to follow).Directory and Online Access
Access to our online community will provide you with additional information and insight on the school calendar, programs, and resources, including an online directory with the most up-to-date contact information for members of the St. John’s community. Please use the username and password that you used to submit an application or sign the contract. If you have problems, please click on the "Having Trouble Logging In?" link on the login page. Each parent has his/her own profile and login information. Login information will not change for current parents and Alumni who already have an account with St. John’s. We encourage you to get acquainted with the website. A tutorial is available by clicking on Account > Getting Started or to access a handout on SJS website general information click here
. If you have any questions, please contact Director of Technology Jeff Ritter at email@example.com
This summer, you will receive a printed "Family Directory" in the mail with address, email, and phone information for the SJS Community.